Conservation Reserve Program (CRP)

 Print this Page
Agency NameFarm Service Agency (USDA FSA)
Affiliationfederal government
Web Site
Project Annual Funding Level varies
Range of Funding (Landowner) Cost-Share Assistance can be an amount not more than 50 percent of the participant’s actual costs not to exceed the FSA State Committee set rates in establishing approved practices.
Criteria for funding project To be eligible for placement in CRP, land must be cropland (including field margins) that is planted or considered planted to an agricultural commodity 4 of the previous 6 crop years from 2008 to 2013, and which is physically and legally capable of being planted in a normal manner to an agricultural commodity.
Geographic Coverage AreaAll counties in Florida
Description of ProgramThe Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) is a voluntary program for agricultural landowners. Through CRP, you can receive annual rental payments and cost-share assistance to establish long-term, resource conserving covers on eligible farmland. The Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) makes annual rental payments based on the agriculture rental value of the land, and it provides cost-share assistance for up to 50 percent of the participant's costs in establishing approved conservation practices. Participants enroll in CRP contracts for 10 to 15 years. Control of noxious weeds/invasive species is NOT cost-shared through CRP, but management of these species is required through length of contract.
When are landowner applications accepted?Applications are accepted at your local county office. To find your local office, visit FSAs website at: locator/app. Producers can enroll into CRP through General or Continuous Signups. General Signup enrollment is only during designated signup periods as announced by the Secretary of Agriculture. Continuous signup enrollment is ongoing for environmentally desirable land devoted to certain conservation practices.
Match Required?Yes. Cost-Share Assistance can be an amount not more than 50% of the particpants costs in establishing approved practices. Other incentives may apply of up to 20% of the annual payment for certain continuous practices only.
Target Invasive Species?Highly erodible croplands and other environmentally significant lands
Any other Requirements or Eligibility?Non-federal lands (private, state, municipal or tribal lands). Must meet HELC/WC (highly erodible lands/wetland compliance) and AGI (adjusted gross income) requirements.
Agreement RequiredYes. Participants enroll in CRP contracts for 10 to 15 years.
Permanent Contact PersonLocal FSA office
Contact numberVaries by county
e-mail addressrefer to web site
contacted last2017-09-18 00:00:00.0